Getting Old

After waking this morning, instead of bounding out of bed, Signa stayed in there for awhile. She finally got up, but something was clearly bothering her. When she's hurt or something is wrong, she clams up and won't talk or say anything about it but gets a nervousness about her. She had that.

After a few minutes of prodding, she finally relented. "I'm just getting older and my skin is coming off that's all!" She nearly yelled at me. I said, "What?" And she showed me her arm. It had a greenish whitish powdery substance on it in a streak.

My poor baby girl though that she was growing out of her skin and it was turning that white color like a lizard's. When, in fact, all it really consisted of was dried toothpaste from her wiping her mouth with her arm the night before...

0 comments:

Post a Comment