Pan-Am

I was fast-forwarding through commercials the other evening when I experienced a flashback through my whole body. I felt like I was transported to another time. I quickly pressed replay to see what it was that set me off. It was this:


A commercial for a show called Pan-Am. I hadn't seen that logo since I was a child when Dad worked for them for a decade or so. Back then I saw it on everything. Our duffel bags. Mom and Dad's winter coats. Our toothbrushes. The notepads we drew on. The pens we drew with. Etc. On E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. That logo was more familiar to me than I even could explain in words. And yet, if you asked me to describe it, I wouldn't be able to. It's a logo that is a FEELING more than a THING. And now they are making a show about it. I can’t decide if I should record it or slap my forehead in horror. So I think I’ll do both.



0 comments:

Post a Comment